DivX provides the popular DivX codec, which allows for high quality videos and minimal file sizes.
DivX, LLC, (NASDAQ: SNIC) a division of Sonic Solutions, enables consumers to enjoy a high-quality video experience across any kind of device. We create, distribute and license digital video technologies that span the "three screens" comprising today's consumer media environment — the PC, the television and mobile devices. Over 350 million DivX devices have shipped into the market from leading consumer electronics manufacturers. We also offer content providers and publishers a complete solution for the distribution of secure, high-quality digital video content. Driven by a globally recognized brand and a passionate community of hundreds of millions of consumers, DivX is simplifying the video experience to enable the digital home.
DivX is among the world's most popular digital media formats, powering a worldwide ecosystem of content, software and consumer electronics devices.
* DivX™ is a registered trademark of DivX, Inc.
* DivX™ is a digital media format
* DivX™ software enables the playback and creation of high definition H.264 video in an MKV file container
* DivX™ licenses its technology to content creators and provides an online video-on-demand system for content distributors
* DivX™ offers certification programs for software and hardware
products that support DivX™ video creation and playback
* DivX, Inc. was incorporated in May 2000 and completed its IPO in September 2006
* In November 2007, DivX, Inc. acquired MainConcept, a leading
provider of H.264 video technology
* In late 2008, DivX, Inc. launched its newest certification
program for devices that play DivX Plus HD (H.264-based)
* In August 2009, DivX, Inc. acquired AnySource Media, the creator of the on-demand Internet television platform
* DivX TV was announced in January 2010, bringing Internet media to the TV in an embedded platform
* Lionsgate, Paramount Pictures, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, Starz Media's Overture Films and Warner Bros. Digital Distribution have approved distribution of their content by retailers using the DivX™ format
* Hollywood content in the DivX™ format is available online from CinemaNow (US), Film Fresh (US), Warner Video Live (France), FilmOn.com (UK) and Play4Film (Worldwide)
Founders: Darrius Thompson, Jordan Greenhall, Jérôme Rota